While the Science Behind Each IDgenetix Test is Complex, the Process for Providing Personalized Medicine to Each Patient is Designed to be Simple
Everything you need is included in our free of charge sample collection kit.
Simple Sample Collection Process
Complete the IDgenetix test requisition form including all sections: tests ordered, clinical information and concomitant medications, as well as insurance information and medical necessity forms. Peel the barcode label from the test requisition form and place on the sample tube.
Collect the sample (at home sample collection is available with direct shipping to the patient):
- Inspect sample collection tube and ensure that the sterile seal has not been compromised.
- Instruct the patient to rinse mouth with water 2-3 times for 10-15 seconds.
- Insert swab into patient’s mouth and place both cotton tips against right buccal epithelium.
- With medium pressure and vigorous stroking move the cotton tips across the entire buccal membrane (i.e. similar to brushing teeth) for 20 seconds.
- Repeat instructions above on the left buccal epithelium, with the ‘other side’ of the swab, again collecting the sample for 20 seconds. Include upper and lower gum regions.
Place swab back into plastic tube and place the barcode label onto the tube, ensuring that the patient’s name and date of birth are clearly written on the label.
Return the sample tube and the completed forms within 24 hours of collection using the kit box and pre-paid FedEx label provided. The results will be available via the web portal (https://www.myidgenetix.com), email, and/or fax upon receiving the sample and all required information.